GWO First Aid
A GWO certificate will be issued, which remains valid for 2 years.
€330 (includes WINDA Registration Fee, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to begin work in the Renewables and Wind Energy Industry
For confirmed course bookings, participants can avail of discounted rates with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
GWO First Aid provides the skills and knowledge to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry.
The training is designed to enable participants to work in a safe manner and meet emergency response requirements in accordance with GWO Basic Safety Training (BST). The course covers Hazards on and offshore, Responsibility of the first aider, Managing minor and serious incidents, Secondary scenarios / exercises.
The course involves a combination of practical and theoretical training.
Upon completion of GWO BST First Aid, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines.
- Identify and explain normal functions, recognise and respond to signs and symptoms of minor and serious injuries and illnesses related to the human body.
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid, Primary Survey, A – B – C, use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), the Secondary Survey
- Demonstrate understanding and management of a medical emergency in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment.
- Demonstrate correct use of first aid equipment, knowledge and skills in a series of first aid medical emergency scenarios.
To attend the GWO First Aid, participants must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course https://www.globalwindsafety.org/winda/register
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit