GWO Fire Awareness Refresher
GWO Fire Awareness Refresher refreshes the knowledge, skills and confidence gained during initial GWO Fire Awareness training to appropriately respond in the event of a fire emergency in a WTG or the wind industry work environment, and revalidates your GWO certification.
This training includes experience of a realistic wind turbine environment, including live fire training using a range of first aid fire appliances to combat a fire and evacuate to a safe environment from a smoke filled environment.
A GWO Fire Awareness Refresher training course includes knowledge and skills:
- to prevent fire and conduct initial and appropriate judgement when evaluating a fire
- to manage evacuation of personnel to ensure all are safely evacuated and accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire
- if it is judged to be safe, to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment.
Delegates will be able to;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes, development and spread of fire in wind turbines and the related dangers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a WTG, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- Demonstrate correct actions upon discovering a fire including raising alarms and correct use of firefighting equipment in a wind turbine generator.
- Demonstrate responding to smoke in a WTG environment, including use of smoke hoods and escape techniques
To attend the GWO Fire Awareness Refresher, delegates must:
- Hold a valid GWO Fire Awareness or Fire Awareness Refresher certificate
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone wishing to revalidate certification to work in the renewables and wind energy industry