GWO BST Fire Awareness
GWO Fire Awareness provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of a fire emergency in a WTG or the wind industry work environment.
Delegates will learn the proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and emergency procedures common to the wind industry.
This training includes experience of a realistic wind turbine environment, including live fire training using a range of first aid fire appliances to combat a fire and evacuate to a safe environment from a smoke filled environment.
A GWO Fire Awareness training course includes knowledge and skills:
- to prevent fire and conduct initial and appropriate judgement when evaluating a fire
- to manage evacuation of personnel to ensure all are safely evacuated and accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire
- if it is judged to be safe, to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment.
Delegates will be able to;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes, development and spread of fire in wind turbines and the related dangers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a WTG, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- Demonstrate correct actions upon discovering a fire including raising alarms and correct use of firefighting equipment in a wind turbine generator.
- Demonstrate responding to smoke in a WTG environment, including use of smoke hoods and escape techniques
To attend the GWO Fire Awareness, delegates must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone wishing to gain certification to work in the renewables and wind energy industry