GWO BST First Aid Refresher
GWO First Aid Refresher refreshes the skills and knowledge previously acquired from attending an initial GWO First Aid course and revalidates your GWO certification.
The training is designed to enable delegates to continue work in a safe manner and meet emergency response requirements in accordance with the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) standard.
The course involves a combination of practical and theoretical training.
A GWO First Aid Refresher training course includes;
- Legislation and guidelines, global and regional
- Risk assessment and accident reporting
- Anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations
- Serious and minor illness, injuries and incidents
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid
- Safety procedures
- Psychological first aid
- Practical use of first aid equipment
- Updating and refreshing correct use of first aid equipment, knowledge and skills in a series of first aid medical emergency scenarios.
To attend the GWO First Aid Refresher, delegates must:
- Hold a valid GWO First Aid or GWO First Aid Refresher certificate
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone wishing to revalidate certification to work in the renewables and wind energy industry