GWO BST Manual Handling
GWO Manual Handling provides the basic safety training required to carry out manual handling tasks in a safe way.
The training encourages positive manual handling behaviour in the wind industry.
The training is designed to enable delegates to work in a safe manner and meet requirements in accordance with GWO Basic Safety Training (BST).
The course involves a combination of practical and theoretical training.
A GWO Manual Handling training course includes;
- Understanding Manual Handling, relevant legislation, standards & guidance
- Incident and injury reporting
- Spinal and shoulder anatomy and injuries associated with Manual Handling
- Risk assessments and control measures
- Planning of operations to reduce Manual Handling
- Safe manual handling techniques
Delegates will be able to;
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate correct manual handling techniques in a simulated WTG environment and a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- Understand the risks involved in not using correct manual handling techniques
To attend the GWO Manual Handling, delegates must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone wishing to gain certification to work in the renewables and wind energy industry