GWO First Aid
GWO First Aid provides the skills and knowledge to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry.
The training is designed to enable delegates to work in a safe manner and meet emergency response requirements in accordance with GWO Basic Safety Training (BST).
The course involves a combination of practical and theoretical training.
Upon completing the GWO First Aid delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines.
- Identify and explain normal functions, recognise and respond to signs and symptoms of minor and serious injuries and illnesses related to the human body.
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid, Primary Survey, A – B – C, use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), the Secondary Survey
- Demonstrate understanding and management of a medical emergency in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment.
- Demonstrate correct use of first aid equipment, knowledge and skills in a series of first aid medical emergency scenarios.
To attend the GWO First Aid, delegates must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone wishing to gain certification to work in the renewables and wind energy industry