GWO Sea Survival Refresher
GWO Sea Survival Refresher renews the basic knowledge and skills to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or WTG (Wind Turbine Generator) and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind energy environment.
For anyone working in the offshore renewable energy industry, everyone is expected to revalidate their certification every 2 years by attending the GWO Sea Survival Refresher course.
A GWO Sea Survival Refresher training course renews knowledge and skills to:
- Safely work on offshore wind installations and vessels
- Use sea survival techniques and possible aids/rescue equipment and methods
- Safely transfer between vessels and installations
- Safely evacuate a WTG nacelle to the sea in an emergency
- Safely evacuate a vessel in the event of an emergency, correctly using LSAs
Delegates will be able to;
- Understand the advantages, limitations and correctly use Life Saving Appliances (LSA), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Personal Fall Protective Equipment (PPE) found in the offshore wind energy industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of risks related to transfer between offshore wind turbines, installations and vessels.
- Demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock and vessel to foundation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning, of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG and of Search and Rescue (SAR) and Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS).
- Demonstrate recovery and first aid treatment of a “man overboard”.
- Demonstrate evacuation from a mock WTG to the water by means of rescue device.
- Demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea.
To attend the GWO Sea Survival Refresher, delegates must:
- Hold a valid GWO Sea Survival or Sea Survival Refresher certificate
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone wishing to revalidate certification to work in the renewables and wind energy industry