GWO Working at Heights and Manual Handling Combined Refresher
Two Global Wind Organisation (GWO) basic safety training refresher courses combined into a package that saves time compared to training separately.
The GWO Working at Heights and Manual Handling Combined Refresher includes two courses being delivered over one day:
- GWO Manual Handling Refresher
- GWO Working at Height Refresher
It refreshes the knowledge and skills to work safely at height in a wind turbine work environment and to appropriately respond appropriately in the event of emergency, evacuating the nacelle, rescue of a casualty from vertical ladder systems.
The training encourages positive manual handling behaviour in the wind industry and renews knowledge and skills to carry out manual handling tasks in a safe way.
A GWO Working at Heights and Manual Handling Combined Refresher includes;
- GWO Manual Handling Refresher – correctly performing manual handling activities in the wind industry/ WTG work environment
- GWO Working at Height Refresher – performing safe and comprehensive basic rescue from height in a remote turbine environment while meeting emergency response requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry
To attend the GWO Working at Heights and Manual Handling Combined Refresher, delegates must:
- Hold a valid GWO certificate for each of the 2 initial modules (GWO WAH & GWO MH)
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit, with a maximum weight of 120 kg
GWO certificates will be issued for each of the two modules which remain valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone wishing to revalidate certification in the onshore renewables and wind energy industry