Oil & Gas UK (OGUK) Offshore Medical including Fit To Train
- Every offshore worker must undergo and pass an Oil & Gas UK (OGUK) Offshore Medical examination.
- For UK waters and the North Sea, physicians who are approved by the United Kingdom Offshore Operators Association (UKOOA) Health Advisory
Committee should carry out the examination and issue certificates.
- The offshore medical certificate, as it is commonly known, is controlled by UKOOA and renewals are necessary every 2 years irrespective of the age of the offshore worker.
- Individual operators retain the right to request medical assessments more frequently.
Fit To Train relates to the risk of using Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) and is designed to ensure you are physically fit to use these systems.
OGUK Offshore Medical Content
An OGUK Offshore Medical covers a range of topics essential under OGUK requirements including;
- Completion of a patient questionnaire
- Calculation of Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Near distance and colour vision
- Pulse and blood pressure measurement
- Lung function test (peak flow)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Consultation with a doctor
Fit To Train Medical
- A Fit To Train medical examination includes;
- Questionnaire about respiratory, ear, nose and throat health
- Lung health assessment
- Face-to-face medical assessment
- There are no prerequisites for an OGUK Offshore Medical and Fit To Train examination.
- Our in-house doctor will issue an OGUK medical certificate of fitness and a Fit To Train certificate upon successful completion of your medical.
- Medicals will have to be undertaken every 2 years.
Items to bring
- If you are currently on any medication, please bring these with you for the attention of the doctor.
OGUK medical certificate – valid for 2 years and Fit To Train certificate with no expiry
WHO IS IT FOR:
Personnel wishing to work offshore who will be taking part in training which involves Compressed Air – Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS
A good standard of fitness is required