Oil & Gas UK (OGUK) Offshore Medical
- Every offshore worker must undergo and pass an Oil & Gas UK (OGUK) Offshore Medical examination.
- For UK waters and the North Sea, physicians who are approved by the United Kingdom Offshore Operators Association (UKOOA) Health Advisory
Committee should carry out the examination and issue certificates.
- The offshore medical certificate, as it is commonly known, is controlled by UKOOA and renewals are necessary every 2 years irrespective of the age of the offshore worker.
- Individual operators retain the right to request medical assessments more frequently.
OGUK Offshore Medical Content
An OGUK Offshore Medical covers a range of topics essential under OGUK requirements including;
- Completion of a patient questionnaire
- Calculation of Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Near distance and colour vision
- Pulse and blood pressure measurement
- Lung function test (peak flow)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Consultation with a doctor
- There are no prerequisites for an OGUK Offshore Medical.
- Our in-house doctor will issue an OGUK medical certificate of fitness upon successful completion of your medical.
- Medicals will have to be undertaken every 2 years.
- If you are currently on any medication, please bring these with you for the attention of the doctor.
OGUK medical certificate – valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
All personnel wishing to work offshore
A good standard of fitness is required