RenewableUK (RUK) Wind Turbine Medical
- Wind and renewable energy workers should undergo and pass a RenewableUK (RUK) Wind Turbine Medical examination.
- The content and criteria of the RUK Wind Turbine Medical has been defined by an RUK work group.
- The RUK medical certificate is designed to reflect issues specific to the wind and renewable energy sector, unlike alternative offshore medicals such as the OGUK offshore medical which is designed for the oil and gas sector.
RUK Wind Turbine Medical Content
The medical will cover:
- Screening/ Consultation with doctor
- Patient Questionnaire
- Urinalysis – routine urine test with immediate result
- BMI – measurement of height, weight, and calculation of Body Mass Index
- Near distance and colour vision (EBS)
- Pulse and Blood Pressure measurement
- Lung Function Test (peak flow)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Chester Step Test (as part of RenewableUK Medical)
- There are no prerequisites for an RUK Wind Turbine Medical
- Our in-house doctor will issue an RUK medical certificate of fitness upon successful completion of your medical.
- Medicals will have to be undertaken every 2 years.
Items to bring
- If you are currently on any medication, please bring these with you for the attention of the doctor.
RUK medical certificate – valid for 2 years
WHO IS IT FOR:
Anyone working in the wind and renewable energy industry
A good standard of fitness is required