GWO BST First Aid Refresher
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
€195 (includes WINDA Registration Fee, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to renew their GWO First Aid certification
For confirmed course bookings, participants can avail of discounted rates with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
GWO First Aid Refresher refreshes the skills and knowledge previously acquired from attending an initial GWO First Aid course and revalidates your GWO certification.
The training is designed to enable participants to continue work in a safe manner and meet emergency response requirements in accordance with the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) standard.
Participants completing GWO First Aid Refresher training will be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of
- The psychological effects of first aid for a first aider
- Sudden sickness and environmental factors (e.g. chemical, air quality, dust, pollen, gases, poisonous animal bites etc.)
- Types of trauma
- Incident management and situational awareness
- Managing and administering first aid during complex incidents with multiple casualties
The course involves a combination of practical and theoretical training.
A GWO First Aid Refresher training course includes;
- Legislation and guidelines, global and regional
- Risk assessment and accident reporting
- Anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations
- Serious and minor illness, injuries and incidents
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid
- Safety procedures
- Psychological first aid
- Practical use of first aid equipment
- Updating and refreshing correct use of first aid equipment, knowledge and skills in a series of first aid medical emergency scenarios.
To attend the GWO First Aid Refresher, participants must:
- Hold a valid GWO First Aid or GWO First Aid Refresher certificate
- Provide a valid Winda ID
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit