GWO BST Manual Handling Refresher
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
€160 (includes WINDA Registration Fee, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to begin work in the Renewables and Wind Energy Industry or to renew their GWO Manual Handling Certification
For confirmed course bookings, participants can avail of discounted rates with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
GWO Manual Handling provides the basic safety training required to carry out manual handling tasks in a safe way.
The training encourages positive manual handling behaviour in the wind industry.
The training is designed to enable participants to work in a safe manner and meet requirements in accordance with GWO Basic Safety Training (BST).
The course involves a combination of practical and theoretical training.
A GWO Manual Handling training course includes;
- Understanding Manual Handling, relevant legislation, standards & guidance
- Incident and injury reporting
- Spinal and shoulder anatomy and injuries associated with Manual Handling
- Risk assessments and control measures
- Planning of operations to reduce Manual Handling
- Safe manual handling techniques
Participants will be able to;
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate correct manual handling techniques in a simulated WTG environment and a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- Understand the risks involved in not using correct manual handling techniques
To attend the GWO Manual Handling, participants must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course https://www.globalwindsafety.org/winda/register
- For those completing GWO Manual Handling Refresher training, hold a valid GWO Manual Handling Cert and provide a valid WINDA ID
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit
How To Book
To secure your place you can book online, call us directly on +353 74 9135999 or fill out our enquiry form here.