GWO BST Working at Heights Refresher
A GWO certificate will be issued, which remains valid for 2 years
€345 (includes WINDA Registration Fee, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to renew their GWO Working at Height certification
For confirmed course bookings, participants can avail of discounted rates (from €50B&B) with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
From our specially designed & commissioned Skills Hall, GWO Working at Height Refresher renews the knowledge and skills to work safely at height in a wind turbine work environment and to confidently & appropriately respond in the event of emergency, evacuating the nacelle, rescue of a casualty from vertical ladder systems, and revalidates your GWO certification.
A GWO Working at Height Refresher training course refreshes knowledge and skills to:
- Correctly use personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Perform safe working at height in a WTG environment on vertical ladders
- Perform safe rescue from height in a remote wind turbine environment and on vertical ladder systems
- Safely evacuate a WTG nacelle in an emergency
Participants will be able to.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights, specific to a WTG
- Demonstrate understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g., harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly inspect, service, store and don the relevant PPE, e.g., harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- Demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g., harnesses lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices.
- Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
To attend the GWO Working at Height Refresher, participants must:
- Hold a valid GWO Working at Height or Working at Height Refresher certificate
- Provide a valid WINDA ID
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit