GWO BST Working at Heights Refresher
A GWO certificate will be issued, which remains valid for 2 years
€315 (includes WINDA Registration Fee, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to renew their GWO Working at Height certification
For confirmed course bookings, participants can avail of discounted rates with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
From our specially designed & commissioned Skills Hall, GWO Working at Height Refresher renews the knowledge and skills to work safely at height in a wind turbine work environment and to confidently & appropriately respond in the event of emergency, evacuating the nacelle, rescue of a casualty from vertical ladder systems, and revalidates your GWO certification.
A GWO Working at Height Refresher training course refreshes knowledge and skills to:
- Correctly use personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Perform safe working at height in a WTG environment on vertical ladders
- Perform safe rescue from height in a remote wind turbine environment and on vertical ladder systems
- Safely evacuate a WTG nacelle in an emergency
Participants will be able to.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights, specific to a WTG
- Demonstrate understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g., harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly inspect, service, store and don the relevant PPE, e.g., harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- Demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g., harnesses lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices.
- Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
To attend the GWO Working at Height Refresher, participants must:
- Hold a valid GWO Working at Height or Working at Height Refresher certificate
- Provide a valid WINDA ID
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit