GWO Basic Safety Training Onshore
GWO certificates will be issued for each module, which remain valid for 2 years.
€1150 (includes WINDA Registration Fees, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to work in the Onshore Renewables and Wind Energy Industry
For confirmed course bookings, delegates can avail of discounted rates (from €40B&B) with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
All four onshore Global Wind Organisation (GWO) basic safety training courses combined into a package that introduces you to the wind industry and provides you with the initial certifications you need to work on an Onshore wind farm.
To view available dates for the GWO Basic Safety Onshore Training package and book online, please visit our course calendar.
At Errigal Training Centre you can complete all modules over 4 consecutive days.
Delegates completing a GWO Basic Safety Training Onshore Package will be able to;
- Begin a career in the Onshore Renewables and Wind Energy Industry
GWO Basic Safety Training Onshore Package includes;
- GWO First Aid – administering safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry in accordance with GWO standards
- GWO Fire Awareness – within the WTG, recognise fire hazards and how to mitigate them, how to use basic firefighting techniques, how to safely evacuate a smoke filled WTG work environment
- GWO Manual Handling – correctly performing manual handling activities in the wind industry/ WTG work environment
- GWO Working at Height – performing safe and comprehensive basic rescue from height in a remote turbine environment while meeting emergency response requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry
To attend the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Onshore Package, delegates must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course https://www.globalwindsafety.org/winda/register
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit.