GWO BST Working at Heights
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
€525 (includes WINDA Registration Fee, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to begin work in the Renewables and Wind Energy Industry
For confirmed course bookings, participants can avail of discounted rates (from €40B&B) with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
From our specially designed & commissioned Skills Hall, GWO Working at Height will provide you with the knowledge and skills to work safely at height in a wind turbine work environment; to confidently & appropriately respond in the event of emergency, evacuating the nacelle, rescue of a casualty from vertical ladder systems.
A GWO Working at Height training course provides the knowledge and skills to:
- Correctly use personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Perform safe working at height in a WTG environment on vertical ladders
- Perform safe rescue from height in a remote wind turbine environment and on vertical ladder systems
- Safely evacuate a WTG nacelle in an emergency
Participants will be able to;
- Demonstrate the importance of following procedures and regulations whilst working at height in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate rescue techniques in a range of emergency rescue situations
- Identify and inspect the WAH PPE, and equipment ensuring the safety of self and others
- Evacuate from the WTG nacelle safely with the use of evacuation devices
To attend the GWO Working at Height, participants must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course https://www.globalwindsafety.org/winda/register
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit