GWO BST Working at Heights
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
€525 (includes WINDA Registration Fee, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to begin work in the Renewables and Wind Energy Industry
For confirmed course bookings, participants can avail of discounted rates with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
From our specially designed & commissioned Skills Hall, GWO Working at Height will provide you with the knowledge and skills to work safely at height in a wind turbine work environment; to confidently & appropriately respond in the event of emergency, evacuating the nacelle, rescue of a casualty from vertical ladder systems.
A GWO Working at Height training course provides the knowledge and skills to:
- Correctly use personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Perform safe working at height in a WTG environment on vertical ladders
- Perform safe rescue from height in a remote wind turbine environment and on vertical ladder systems
- Safely evacuate a WTG nacelle in an emergency
Participants will be able to;
- Demonstrate the importance of following procedures and regulations whilst working at height in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate rescue techniques in a range of emergency rescue situations
- Identify and inspect the WAH PPE, and equipment ensuring the safety of self and others
- Evacuate from the WTG nacelle safely with the use of evacuation devices
To attend the GWO Working at Height, participants must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course https://www.globalwindsafety.org/winda/register
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit