GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Offshore Package
GWO certificates will be issued for each of the five modules of the package, which remain valid for 2 years
€1180 (includes WINDA Registration Fees, lunch & refreshments)
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to revalidate certification to continue work in the Offshore Renewables and Wind Energy industry
For confirmed course bookings, delegates can avail of discounted rates (from €50B&B)with our Partner Hotels. Contact us for further info.
All 5 GWO BST Offshore Refresher modules combined into a package that builds on previously gained knowledge and skills to revalidate certification so that participants can continue to work in the Offshore Wind Energy sector safely and effectively.
To view available dates for the GWO Basic Safety Training package and book online, please visit our course calendar.
At Errigal Training Centre you can complete all Refresher modules over 4 consecutive days.
Delegates completing a GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher Offshore Package will be able to;
- Revalidate certification to continue their career in the Offshore Wind industry
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher Offshore Package includes;
- GWO First Aid – administering safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry in accordance with GWO standards
- GWO Fire Awareness – within the WTG, recognise fire hazards and how to mitigate them, how to use basic firefighting techniques, how to safely evacuate a smoke filled WTG work environment
- GWO Manual Handling – correctly performing manual handling activities in the wind industry/ WTG work environment
- GWO Working at Height – performing safe and comprehensive basic rescue from height in a remote turbine environment while meeting emergency response requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry
- GWO Sea Survival – demonstrating sea survival techniques and safe boat transfer between vessels and installations
To attend the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Offshore Package, participants must:
- Hold a valid GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) or Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) certificate for each of the 5 modules
- Provide a valid WINDA ID.
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit.