GWO Working at Heights and Manual Handling Combined
A GWO certificate will be issued which remains valid for 2 years
Who Is It for?
Anyone wishing to gain certification to work in the renewables and wind energy industry
GWO Working at Height provides the knowledge and skills to work safely at height in a wind turbine work environment and to appropriately respond appropriately in the event of emergency, evacuating the nacelle, rescue of a casualty from vertical ladder systems.
For anyone looking to begin or continue working in the renewable energy industry, everyone is expected to hold a valid, in date GWO Working at Height certificate which must be refreshed every 2 years by sitting the GWO Working at Height refresher course.
A GWO Working at Height training course includes knowledge and skills to:
- Correctly use personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Perform safe working at height in a WTG environment on vertical ladders
- Perform safe rescue from height in a remote wind turbine environment and on vertical ladder systems
- Safely evacuate a WTG nacelle in an emergency
Delegates will be able to;
- Demonstrate the importance of following procedures and regulations whilst working at height in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate rescue techniques in a range of emergency rescue situations
Identify and inspect the WAH PPE, and equipment ensuring the safety of self and others
- Evacuate from the WTG nacelle safely with the use of evacuation devices
To attend the GWO Working at Height, delegates must:
- Register for a personal WINDA profile before arriving for the course
- Be over 18, physically and medically fit